Now and the we also invite guest bloggers to share their stories on our blog. They are all looking forward to have a convenient forum to share their Worldofwonder stories with you. One of these bloggers is Anneke. For years, she has been enjoying life and she has turned the song ‘ Oooh Happy Days ‘ into her daily motto. But where does this strength to enjoy life at the fullest and to start each and every day with a big smile come from… Spirituality. Positivism and spirituality. She honestly admits that she also has lesser days once in a while, who doesn’t, but because she perfectly knows how to live her life, she can still turn those ‘lesser’ days in days with a smile. Here her vision on spirituality.
I regularly hear people telling me that they never expected me to go with the spiritual path flow, such as reading, providing courses to learn about spirituality and guiding people to develop their spiritual talents. Often they say: ‘ But you are not at all lightheaded and spacey, you are so sober. ‘ That’s right, because spirituality has nothing to do with lightheaded and hippie-minded activities as some people might think. It is something from the here and the now, everyday and practical. Why? Spirituality is about the way you are standing in life. It’s about the inner path you choose to walk, the way you would like to show yourself to the world.
What is spirituality?
Spirituality has to do with things that concern the spirit (Spiritus in Latin), in the widest sense of the word. The word is used in many ways, but the emphasis lies on the personal inner experience and being conscious about your own life.
Core questions here are ‘ why do I do what I do? ‘ and ‘ What affects me and my environment? ‘ in order to gain insight into and knowledge about our own behavior and to achieve spiritual growth.
If you have ever used your sixth sense, then you have used your spiritual powers. Most of us have five physical senses, which we usually consider to be self-evident: seeing, smelling, hearing, tasting and feeling.
We are so accustomed to our senses that we do not always realize how dependent we are on these senses. We have (sometimes) less confidence in the use of our so-called Sixth Sense, our spiritual talent and ability. It can indeed be very difficult to determine and feel it, because we cannot see, smell or touch it; It is very refined and invisible. We can experience it as a strange feeling in our stomach or as a sudden stream of knowledge that we cannot logically explain. Some do not call it the sixth sense, but intuition. Intuition is indeed using your spiritual powers. Others on their turn refer to their heart speaking or talk about a higher form and state of consciousness. Each one has its own definition but everyone knows that your intuition is never lying and that it only wants the best for yourself. We often experience something as being uncomfortable or just not right, but we do not always listen to these feelings. When our rational mind takes over, we often take alternative decision.
We get to deal with our own spirituality through all kinds of influences, such as your intuition, hunches and ‘ spontaneous ‘ solutions. It then goes to what you want to do with it. You are responsible for your own choices.
The 5 types of spiritual abilities:
Do you know your spiritual powers?
If you use your spiritual abilities, it can sometimes be difficult to know if you are actually using your powers or that you are imagining it. There are two ways to make sure that you are using your spiritual powers. These two basic ways are:
- Make sure you are calm and centered.
- Imagine mentally open to the universe and stay positive.
Make sure you protect yourself. I certainly don’t want to make you anxious, but if you open up yourself completely then you don’t want to pick up your negative energy. Protection can be achieved in several ways:
- Put yourself in an imaginary circle. You can do this by closing your eyes and then concentrating on your breathing initially. If you feel a slight tingling beneath your feet, you are grounded and you can make the next step. With every exhalation, your imaginary gold blows out just as long as you feel you have a protective layer around you. Then you can open your eyes again.
- Choose a ritual in which you open yourself completely (e.g. with music, light white candles, whose smoke and so on).
- Wear a protective stone with you.
Are you wondering if you already know how to put your spirituality in? Or do you wonder how many spiritual powers you already have? Then do the test. If you are open to spirituality, its strength can only increase. If you keep saying that you are not using your gifts, the power of your spiritual abilities will diminish. Answer the following questions as honestly as possible with yes or No.
Test Your Spirituality
Experiences in the past:
- Have you ever had a hunch that came out exactly as you predicted?
- Did you like child playmates that could only be seen by you?
- Have you ever seen or felt an identity or spirit?
- Couldn’t you ever enter a room or building because the atmosphere felt?
- Has there ever been a dream come true of you?
- Have you ever felt rightly that someone you love was at risk?
- Have you ever thought of someone on which you have been given a phone call or sms of him or her?
- Have you ever seen faint lights to live or lifeless objects?
- Have you ever observed strong scents that had a special meaning for you, but that no one else could perceive?
- Have you ever had a peaker experience in which you did not feel a separation between yourself and the world around you?
- Have you ever decided not to buy something because its appearance did not like it?
- Have you ever been overwhelmed by sensations or emotions that did not belong to you after touching an object?
- Have you ever felt depressed or weepyed yourself for no apparent reason, and shortly thereafter, that a very nasty event had occurred?
Experiences in the present:
- Do you sometimes know who is calling without you having seen or recorded it?
- Do you have a special affinity with animals?
- Do you know instinctively, without it being told to you that a person is sick?
- Do you have an adverse effect on devices such as computers when you’re upset or in the region?
- Do you believe in the power of the mind over the body?
- Do you sometimes know what someone is going to say before he has redone his mouth?
- Do you tingle your palms when you are sick?
- Do you see things in your canthus that aren’t there when you look again?
- Do you trust your intuition when deciding?
- If you expect visitors, do you feel like arriving before you actually see or hear them?
11. Do you believe in angels, even if you have never seen one?
- Do people say you are too sensitive and quickly hurt?
Now count the number of times you answered a question with ‘ yes ‘ and then look at your score.
You have great and very beautiful spiritual abilities that you can certainly develop even further.
You’re already much more talented than you might realize. Let your thoughts and impressions flow.
Your innate gifts are waiting to be developed further.
You may be blocking some spiritual impressions, possibly fear. Or you don’t believe in it or you have no experience with it.